Event Driven Architecture in 5 Steps – test May 2, 2022

System
System Posts: 71
First Comment
edited May 2022 in General Discussions
As organizations look to adopt an event-driven architecture, they might find difficulty in documenting the design process, understanding how changes might impact services, and how to verify that the runtime matches the intended design. In this blog post, I’ll look at the step-by-step process on how to document your event-driven architecture to better understand how events move through your enterprise. Benefits of Event Driven Architecture Event-driven architecture provides an asynchronous communication layer that enables organizations to develop new applications faster. Applications communicate in a publish-subscribe manner, making it easier to scale the deployment, add new innovations and react faster to business requirements. Some of the key benefits of event-driven architecture are: Asynchronous communication Loose coupling of applications Scalability Routing of data Persistence Challenges of Event Driven Architecture As you scale your event-driven architecture, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep track of where the data is routed to, which applications are publishing events, and which are consuming. Because of its decoupled nature, there is no simple way to identify the correlations between these various components. You may start asking questions like: If I change the event payload format, what are the downstream applications affected by the change? As a developer that needs a specific set of data, what does my application need to subscribe to? What data is currently available to my application? How can I reduce development time of my application with code generation? Why You Need Event Management Spreadsheets, PowerPoints, Visio diagrams, and various other techniques have been implemented to try and solve these challenges, however none were developed with event-driven architecture in mind. A tool built to accommodate fast-paced and ever-changing requirements would provide more insight for your organization. Adopting event management as a practice in your organization will solve the challenges of event-driven architecture by easing the design, development, and onboarding of new innovations. So, what should be included in the ideal event management tool?

Read More ›
Leave your comments below.

This Month's Leaders